Monday 10 May 2010

Cilip's Gazette needs YOU!

Hi Folks,

As some of you may already know, I'm on the Editorial Panel for Cilip's Update / Gazette magazines. I started a three year term in January and so far I'm really enjoying it.

Whilst Update has writers on staff to produce articles, Gazette consists mostly of voluntary contributions from readers. We're now looking for people to contribute to Gazette's 'Library Heroes' column. That's right - Gazette needs YOU!

You can choose to write about anybody from the information / library world, who you admire / think has made a valuable difference. It's a flexible column so the person you write about can be either famous or non-famous. The article should have a word limit of between 400-600. It's an informal column so it doesn't have to be written in a particularly formal / academic style.

Previous Gazette issues can be viewed online at Cilip's website if you want to browse past examples - such as my attempt to write about my own Library Hero (Issue date: 8 April 2010, p15)!

Should anybody be interested, please message me.

No comments:

Post a Comment