Tuesday 17 February 2015

Interview Qs

Image created using Wordle
Within the past six months I have attended two job interviews, one to work in FE, the other HE. After each interview, I reflect on my performance and how I approached the questions. I find this helps identify my strengths and weaknesses, as well as anticipate possible topics for discussion in future interviews. 

Here is a list of the interview questions I have recently been asked – as you can see, they are fairly generic rather than library-specific. If anyone is job hunting, I hope this comes in handy for you!

FE library interview:
  • What are your strengths?
  • What are your development needs?
  • Can you prove a regular commitment to CPD activities?
  • How could you utilise ILT in this role?
  • What do you consider to be the future of libraries?
HE library interview:
  • When have you been accountable for something?
  • How do you cope with change?
  • When have you done something innovative?
  • What experience do you have of engaging with learners?
  • What experience do you have of delivering user education?
  • What experience do you have of engaging with teaching staff?
  • What experience do you have of working to Service Level Agreements?

No comments:

Post a Comment