Thursday 3 March 2011

World Book Day


Today is World Book Day. Relatively unheard of by the majority of people, but it’s a pretty big initiative in schools, especially primaries. Each year I promote it and this year it will be my last time of doing so in a school environment.

So what do I have planned for it? It’s a little low key this year… every pupil in school has been given a book token which they can take into a book store and use to claim a free book. There’s a wall display and copies of all the WBD books and WBD Quick Reads are newly available for borrowing as from today. Also available from today is the latest issue of the library’s magazine, ‘Words’. It showcases examples of creative writing from the student body and has – I’m proud to say – achieved cult status amongst the pupils!

All that’s left for me to say is: ‘Happy World Book Day!’

No comments:

Post a Comment