Thursday 4 August 2011

CPD23 Thing 10

Image taken by Yoppy
Thing 10: Routes into Librarianship
So, Thing #10 is to blog about how and why we are where we are career-wise...

My story is pretty straight forward, and probably similar to a lot of other people's accounts. However, so that I don’t merely repeat my Library Roots / Routes record, here's a brief outline below:
 

The left-hand box represents my employment roles and the right-hand box shows the additional activities I’ve done parallel to this. Over the years I’ve learnt that, for my own satisfaction and development, I like to have ‘something else’ on the go at the same time (such as an evening course, writing an article or maintaining BtB). I know it's cheesy, but the more you put in the more you get out.

Not quite sure what the future has in store for me, but there are a few things I think I’d like it to include (should the Wish Fairy being listening...)

Revalidation
Line management qualification
Involvement with a Cilip committee
HE library role (one day in the future)
Winning the lottery

And if I could crack all that, I'd be one very happy bunny!

    2 comments:

    1. Congratulations on your new job - saw your post in the Library update. I'd also like to win the lottery - so should probably start playing.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I'm not a fairy but I think I might be able to help one of your wishes come true (it's not the last one I'm afraid!).

      ReplyDelete