Friday 15 July 2011

CPD23 Thing 5

Image taken by Rosmary
Thing 5: Reflective Practice

I quite enjoyed the reflective chapter of my dissertation a few years ago, which was my first real attempt at reflective writing. I started this blog a few years later when I was going though the chartership process, thinking it’d help me record my thoughts and impressions whilst also giving me a greater web presence. Earlier this year BtB was accepted as part of the Cilip Landscape. I applied for this with the intention that it’d help to keep me on the reflective straight and narrow.

Regarding CPD23, I feel it’s really encouraged me to ponder things that would never have occurred to me before. It has raised my awareness of certain tools, spurred me on the get to grips with Twitter and think seriously about my personal brand. I’m really appreciative that so many CPD23 blogs have been created – I love browsing them. I haven’t looked at RSS feeds yet but I’m hoping to do so when I have a bit more time.

A large part of CPD23, for me, is helping the other members of the library team find their feet with blogging. Several were unfamiliar with Blogger as a platform or wary of the idea of blogging altogether so I sit down and talk them through it. I hope they find it helpful! It’s also helping me get to know the other members of the team, which I’m thankful for as breaking the ice with new people is something I struggle with on a personal basis. So thank you CPD23!


1 comment:

  1. I'm just looking through some Thing 5 posts and came back to see what you had written (everyone is so far ahead of me!)
    One of the things I'm reflecting on is this online personal brand stuff and how my blog appears to others. Just wanted to drop in and tell you how much I like the images you are using for the Thing numbers. I especially like your number 5 :)
    I need to give more thought to images on my blog. They really do make a big difference when you get them right.

    ReplyDelete